Friday 14 December 2012

Anne Hathaway Commando Incident, Vogue UK Jan 2012 + Victoria's Secret Angels Sing 'Deck The Halls'

Hello-Hello fellow fashion lovers,

I'm planning to write packed posts most days covering a selection of fashion based stories I find interesting that I hope you will too. Let's begin with a story that has been making the headlines for all the wrong reasons. I'm sure many of you have heard about Anne Hathaway's commando incident? Whilst emerging from her car for the Les MisĂ©rables premiere in New York on Monday a group of waiting photographers snapped photos of the 30 year old actress not wearing underwear.


We live in a time where this is the sort of story that makes the headlines, quite sad when you think about it and desperately intrusive. In the 50s would we have seen these photos of Grace Kelly or Elizabeth Taylor? Not a chance in hell. What were your thoughts on the incident? On another note, Anne looked radiant in her black Tom Ford gown and reacted with terrific poise and grace saying

'It has hit. It has landed. A bomb has gone off. I think what I am going to do whatever my next appearance is....... I'm going to step out of the car in a blanket. You've got to laugh at it'.

************ 

Kate Upton features on the cover of UK Vogue's January edition.



What really stood out for me in the issue was not Kate's editorial (I think she's a magnificent model but not a Vogue girl) but another Victoria's Secret model. The beautiful Doutzen Kroes looked incredible in her editorial 'Castaway'. Shot by Josh Olins and styled by Claire Richardson.







************

Speaking of Victoria's Secrets angels, what do you think of their Christmas advert? The models attempt to sing Christmas songs whilst modelling festive lingerie. They may not have the best voices but I'm not sure anyone noticed :)

You can watch the video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment